Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

two parts repaired

Started by John Cornelisse, March 12, 2016, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

John Cornelisse

Lately I did get a spare bridge for the composition caster. It was however extensively used...

At the top on a bridge we find the bridge lever b2AA, that controls the basic movement of the bridge: up and down...

The adjustment of this movement is done with a wide round nut 4A10: (forgive me the name)
                         the  guide rod cross beam stud adjusting nut

Of course this nut was damaged too, and this piece needs "some" grinding to make it flat at the under side.

This piece has on both sides a little round ridge, these I found completely flat. Although I do not need this piece directly, and it might be unneeded for quite some while. I prefer all spare parts in good condition. So I did ask a dear friend of mine, whether he knew a place where it could be repaired.

The photo shows it after the repair.

Another part Xc24H -- the pump body lever -- was also damaged.

This is an essential part of the pump-mechanism. It lifts the pump, and when it is damaged, the nozzle will not be lifted properly. The lead won't be pumped inside the mould at all.

Keri Szafir

Nice to see that pump body lever patched up, I hope it'll stay this way for a long time (welding cast iron is tricky, especially if the joint transfers forces). Put it to good use :).
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke
"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever." --John Keats

https://youtube.com/KeriSzafir
Founder and owner of Keritech Electronics

John Cornelisse

At  this moment I cannot see any pricture on my screen.

I did an upgrade to windows-10... that could be cause...

How can this be solved ?

Keri Szafir

Neither can I, on Linux. Seems like a server-side problem.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." --Arthur C. Clarke
"A thing of beauty is a joy for ever." --John Keats

https://youtube.com/KeriSzafir
Founder and owner of Keritech Electronics

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚