Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Mechanic

George Finn (Mechanic)
Gold Coast
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Dave Hughes

I might try and watch this one (don't ask how!)

As with history in general I would imagine the tone of the series will depend on the relationship of the media company that made it to Murdoch himself.

Is SBS One a Murdoch channel or a rival?
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Mechanic

SBS is  the Special Broadcasting Service an Australian public broadcasting radio and television network, that caters for English and non English speaking Australians and cultures. I doubt if Murdoch could get his hands on the network  but the way the economy is, if he made the Australian Government the right offer he just might get control.

I found the first part of the two part series to be close to the facts, as I know them and pulled no punches. The writers stole tongue in cheek scenes from some old John Wayne movies. Bar room brawls and the cowboy in the white hat riding into town. . Most informative look at the "Dirty Digger" as the English press called him.
George Finn (Mechanic)
Gold Coast
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

listohan

I was expecting to find this program had been bought in but in fact it was commissioned by SBS http://www.sbs.com.au/guide/day/2013-05-12/NSW. SBS's catch up service is www.sbs.com.au/ondemand but there may be territorial restrictions.

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚