Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Author Topic: Hewitt Bros. Cast Iron Treadle Press  (Read 1469 times)

Dave Hughes

• Administrator
  • 21/06/2006
Hewitt Bros. Cast Iron Treadle Press
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:53:41 PM »
Located in the UK, I'm afraid.

Brilliant looking press, seemingly in excellent condition:

Hewitt Brothers Kings Cross Printing Press Letterpress w/2 Chases New Rollers
(See photos of pre & post-restoration below)

***Currently has 27 watchers, buy now to avoid disappointment***

Here is a fantastic piece of printing history, a beautiful Hewitt Brothers of Kings Cross London treadle printing press, would be brilliant for a showpiece
 in a shop/showroom etc. or as a working press. The Hewitt Brothers Printing company went into liquidation in 1969 and therefore this press could be quite rare,
never seen one like it before.

Has been restored with removal of surface rust and re-painted with 10 year guarantee rust-free paint as well
as brand new 32mm rollers (never out of packaging) that have never been used with original roller rods and 4 matching roller runners also.
The ink plate comes in a good smooth working condition. Wood for the paper stand on the forward part of the press has been sanded and varnished.
Also included in this listing are 2 original type chase's which come in a good used condition as well as a metal stand which could be attached onto the wood paper
stand for more workspace room and a large box full of paper for printing.

Press moves freely when operated but have noticed that when the pressing down on the pedal as the press rotates there is a slight jolt which may or may not be an issue, it
does not seem major. Please note that seller refurbished condition is purely cosmetic and the inner workings of the machine has not been re-conditioned.

Size is as follows:

Height: 118cm
Width: 50cm
Depth: 70cm
Chase dimensions are 9.25 x 6.25 inches.

Also for sale a Stephenson Blake & Co Printers Type 19 Drawer Cabinet full of type and separate listing of 8 drawers of metal type, please see my listings for more details!

If you need a professional letterpress removal company to arrange a courier collection then you can try AM Removals at http://www.amremoval.co.uk or visit the Letterpress Alive website at http://www.letterpressalive.co.uk/

- - - Viewings of the press are welcome, please email me for a convenient time. Located in CM13 area of Brentwood, Essex not far from A12 Brentwood turn-off - - -

Any questions please don't hesitate to email me, thanks for looking!
Please note payment must be made via Paypal when purchased.
Take a look at my other listings for some great items and bargains.
Please do not be put off by my relatively low amount of feedback received, this is a new account I started but have been buying and selling on eBay for several years.
Please note I have 100% feedback and am very helpful with any issue.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is strictly a collection only listing, postage is not possible due to size and weight, courier possible at buyers own sorting.
Collection will require a van and will take 2-3 people to move as it is very heavy. (Contact for more details)

Join the UK's best craft beer club and get 12 off your first case - Claim Now

Exclusive Letterpress Gifts - Visit the Metal Type Zazzle Store ★ Framed Typography - 15 - Take a Look