Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Sadly changed employment :(

Started by craig_star, January 01, 2013, 10:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

craig_star

It is rather heartbreaking having to leave my beloved lino' behind now I have moved into a differant job. I have gone from printing to clockmaking.
I dont miss all the other aspects of working at the printing company, like the apple macs or the various folding/wrapping/banding etc machines.
I dont know what the company is doing now I have left, I was the only one who knew how to use the lino. I tried to keep one day a week there but alas no, they want all or nothing. I really looked after that linecasting machine and the letterpress. So it seems it is going to recede in my distant past. Unless I become rich then I can buy it off them!
But on the bright side my new job is still a part of keeping the old alive, the techniques i am using are the ancient artisan ways..

Thanks, Craig

Dave Hughes

That's sad news Craig, but I wish you the best of luck.

You can always come back to Metal Type for a fix of letterpress nostalgia!  ;D
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

craig_star

It does appear the company I worked for has gone bust. I wonder what will happen to the Linotype machine? Will the scrap man get it? I wish I was a little more affluent and then I would make an offer for it.  :(

Dave Hughes

Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚