Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

12pt (approx) Asian Characters Wanted

Started by Daren Goulding, November 23, 2012, 04:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Daren Goulding

Hello, I'm a wood carver in Washington state. I am searching for a few Asian characters to use as stamps for a project  I'm currently working on. Trying to carve coins.

I just need random characters, small (12 point i think) and about 4 or 5 total. Don't have tools for wood small enough to get the look that i need for this piece. Looked on Ebay but no luck found your site and figured i would contact your group for help. Can you head me in the right direction to purchase a few for my work?

Alan B

"Asian characters" is not very specific! Hundreds of different languages, dozens of alphabets, abjads, abugidas and syllabaries. Are you really looking for 5 characters from any of them, and you don't mind which? I might be able to help with Bengali.

Alan

Dave Hughes

I've heard back from Daren.

He tried posting, but was defeated by the security question.

He's working to a very tight schedule on this project, and has decided to carve the characters.
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚