Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Ebook Cover Continued

Started by Dave Hughes, August 13, 2012, 03:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Which is your Favourite cover?

Dave Hughes

Thanks for the positive feedback received so far.

I have taken some comments on board and present four more candidates for voting (I've closed the other poll).

The serif font that I originally used was called Valentina Regular - I liked it because it came with that nice ligature from the i to the n, but as has been pointed out it is not bold enough to stand being reversed. I tried it with an outline but that didn't work either.

So the serif font has been changed to Garamond (unfortunately no ligature).

I've done a couple with the old Guttenberg press - I think the printers devil was, perhaps, a little too obscure.

Here's four more for the vote:

As always, click for a better view.

Cover 1

Cover 2

Cover 3

Cover 4
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

jhenry

Dave:

#1 has my vote.

Much better arrangement of elements, and the bolder Garamond is also an improvement.

J Henry

Mike Wilson

Thanks for that info about Dead Horse copy. Is it any wonder then that the industry collapsed round our ears with the union demanding crazy stuff like that. I was out of step with the union most of my time in newspapers and still think that if we had accepted new technology we would still be involved.

Dave Hughes

Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚