Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Help me with understanding what I've found

Started by lou2ser, October 15, 2010, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

lou2ser

Greetings from Athens, GA, USA.

A week or so ago I found an old printing press in a dark corner of a vintage shop.  Can anyone tell me anything about it?  Any ideas how to get it setup so I can start using it?

Photos, with captions:  http://goo.gl/Q1Zp

Thanks a bundle,
Chris

Jeff Zilles [jeffo]

What you have got is a couple of rubber stamp making devices and a collection of the gear associated with the manufacture of such stamps.

I can recall the Weber piece of equipment being advertised in 'Popular Mechanics' and 'Popular Science' in the third quarter of the last century and was stalling off giving an answer to your question earlier until I had a chance to go through my largish collection of these and similar magazines to get a nicer time frame and set out the general procedure for producing rubber stamps.

I will compile a proper description of the equipment and 'how it might be used as soon as possible - unless someone else in the forum beats me to it !!

jeffo

lou2ser

Thanks so much!

When you say Weber, do you mean Warner?  I've found some old ads.

I like how the design of the equipment didn't change between 1956 and 1980. 

I would appreciate any literature you have on getting it up and running.

Thanks again,
Chris

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚