Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Intertype Stick Attachment

Started by John Finch, October 05, 2008, 10:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

John Finch

A couple of months ago there was a posting of literature about the Intertype Stick Attachment. From the photos I would guess that it was from the 1920s. I am doing research on this device for the American Typecasting Fellowship newsletter and am seeking information. When was this device put onto the market? why was it introduced (poor man's mixer, answer to Ludlow machines and APL?) how wide spread was it; how many machines; did it last as an option until the end of production? I have a C-3, star base, back loader with this device. It is only one of 3 I am aware of in the US. Any and all information will be most appreciated and credit will be given. Thank you for your assistance.
  John Finch

Dave Hughes

Hi John, and welcome to the Metal Type forum.

The article on the Intertype Stick Attachments is here:
http://www.metaltype.co.uk/photos/photo103.shtml

As the article said it was from a book published in 1955, but, of course, it could have still been developed some decades earlier.

I must admit that I had never heard of the device before I saw the article in the book.

Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚