Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Book Art Museum in Lodz, Poland accepted by the Polish Government

Started by John Cornelisse, February 15, 2023, 09:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

John Cornelisse

I've got a new message about this nice museum.

After a long struggle, the Polish minister of Culture has finally signed an agreement with Jadwiga (the Correspondance des Arts foundation) to keep and conduct the museum on states expense. The agreement is for ten coming years and it says that the foundation is placing its collections and holdings as a deposit in a new institution.

The name of the Book Art Museum is not changing, but it will be re-organized in a state cultural institution. That means that a lot of changes will come.

There is an official director, appointed by the Minister. All people in the house were proposed an employment and salary. Most of them accepted half, others full time. Jadwiga is serving as a consultant, but can not be salaried as she represents the CdA foundation - one of the parties involved with the new museum.

The museum building will be renovated and the construction will probably start next year, but all the stuff and machines is to be moved beginning from this midsummer to the Vosovnia building. Pavelino is removing his machines and all workshops will be renovated and organized in order to operate there during the villa renovation works. Probably the workshops will stay there for longer, as the plan for villa is mainly to hold the core and temporary exhibitions, and there would be not much enough room for keeping and developing workshops. The Vosovnia-building is in Pavelino's hands
and he would rent the space to the museum.

It is a radical, however an expected change.

For all of you, Pawelino is Pawel Tryzno the son of the founder of the museum, late Pawel Tryzno, who died during the Corona-pandemic...

The Vosovnia-building is an old two stores building near the old palace, and has a lot of room, where machines like Monotype casters and old presses can safely be stored and used. And a lot of room for workshops and presentations.

In the past I've been there in Lodz many times, started almost 20 years ago... I did met Pawel for the first time in Geneva, at a conference about Monotype...

And I hope to do this for a long time more.

Dave Hughes

Sounds like great news John.

It's good to see the Polish government having the will, and resources, to attend to cultural and preservation matters.

That is in stark contrast to the UK, where we are currently being told we have insufficient funds to run a functioning health care system!
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

John Cornelisse

Thanks to Brexit, is the economy inside the UK rather down... the government has lost lots because of this mishap.

I am preparing myself to help the people in Lodz, but that is no change at all. I does that already years long.

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚