Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Author Topic: Isle of Thanet Gazette - UK  (Read 163 times)

Dave Hughes

• Administrator
  • 21/06/2006
Isle of Thanet Gazette - UK
« on: June 04, 2019, 11:09:48 PM »
I have recently been contacted by Lucy Howarth, who is looking for information on this ex-printworks in Margate, UK.

We are the occupants of the old GAZETTE PRINTING WORKS ISLE OF THANET GAZETTE - I am doing some research into the history of the building, and the neighbouring yard that was the old Post Office Sorting Depot.

I wonder if you have any records of our building particularly any photographs? Or any advise as to where I might look?

We are hoping to celebrate our history with some art projects in the yard this summer . . . This is us:
https://printworksmargate.com/

Can anyone help?

Join the UK's best craft beer club and get 12 off your first case - Claim Now

LucyPrintworksMargate

• Tea Boy
  • 05/06/2019
Re: Isle of Thanet Gazette - UK
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 09:04:31 AM »
Thanks David!  I would love to hear from anyone who knows our building and can tell us about the history of it or the yard 'round the back on Pump lane where the Post Office Sorting Depot was.  We are architects - so it is the buildings themselves we most interested in - bit also very happy to hear any anecdotes or details about what went on inside.  We'd especially love any old photographs.  Many thanks all. My email address is: lucy@liddicoatgoldhill.com