Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Isle of Thanet Gazette - UK

Started by Dave Hughes, June 04, 2019, 11:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

I have recently been contacted by Lucy Howarth, who is looking for information on this ex-printworks in Margate, UK.

QuoteWe are the occupants of the old GAZETTE PRINTING WORKS – ISLE OF THANET GAZETTE - I am doing some research into the history of the building, and the neighbouring yard that was the old Post Office Sorting Depot.

I wonder if you have any records of our building – particularly any photographs? Or any advise as to where I might look?

We are hoping to celebrate our history with some art projects in the yard this summer . . . This is us:
https://printworksmargate.com/

Can anyone help?
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

LucyPrintworksMargate

Thanks David!  I would love to hear from anyone who knows our building and can tell us about the history of it – or the yard 'round the back on Pump lane where the Post Office Sorting Depot was.  We are architects - so it is the buildings themselves we most interested in - bit also very happy to hear any anecdotes or details about what went on inside.  We'd especially love any old photographs.  Many thanks all. My email address is:

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚