Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Galley Pan Support missing at the API-museum in Geneva

Started by John Cornelisse, May 16, 2019, 10:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

John Cornelisse

From 6 May to Saturday 11, I did spent my time in Geneva at the API-museum... The former director has gone... Now it is a huge task to get the museum in order again. But the new crew is working hard.

Three monotype casters, two compcasters and a supercaster have been idle for a long time. It will be quite a task to get it all working.

One composition caster lacks the Galley Pan Support 18F (see: plate 18 of the Spare Parts list...

Is there somebody in the field who can provide us with this ?

The other compcaster... the pump was taken out of the melting-pot... Pumps are plenty available, but... before this machine can be taken into action, a new pump needs to be adjusted to the machine for sure.

The Supercaster... is missing also parts, but here even the motor is not willing to start any action... I guess there is something with the electricity...

Later this year I sure will be there again, there are a few people willing to start with this technique, after some 12 years of idleness... Let us hope for the best.

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚