Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

German Video of a print shop operation

Started by Mechanic, January 04, 2018, 03:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Mechanic

This is a video of a German print shop operation which include a Rogers Typograph being operated. I think I posted this some years ago but couldn't find it. A friend posted it on Australian Letterpress Fellowship, so I thought I'd share it.

https://youtu.be/4b-PDAqoaWM

George Finn (Mechanic)
Gold Coast
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Dave Hughes

Nice video George. Also nice to see that videos now "auto-render" on the Forum, all you have to do is put the video's URL on a line of its own and the software does the rest. This applies to most hosted videos, I.e. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.

Highlights for me were the comp in the lighter apron taking a generous swig from a bottle about 40 seconds in!

Also the captions seem to mention a Mercedes press. Same manufacturer as the cars I guess, but was it a luxury press?
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Dave Hughes

William Amer emailed me the following:

Mercedes made Glockner, one of which I had. Its not a sophisticated machine at all and has limitations due to the suction stick flying delivery bar.
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚