Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

Big Let Down

Started by nomoreprinting, August 09, 2017, 06:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

nomoreprinting

Due to stress from family and working two other jobs, I was forced to get rid of my letterpress shop. It was a nice shop, C4 and Ludlow both in good working order. 70 fonts of mats, a 19cutter, 8x12 C&P a V-50 and a new ABDcik 9700 press.

Due to time to leave the building I called a few printers and offered the equipment for FREE but they had to come and get it.

One person was nice and paid me (about half the value) for the C4 and mats.

One printer got about $1,000 worth of misc items and tools for Free.

About a month ago I asked the printer that got the misc items if he would print me some note cards 5x7 cards and envelopes in black ink. I was thinking he would just ask for the cost of stock for this job. After waiting a few days and never hearing back I went to see him.
They couldn't come up with a price while I was there, so I asked if they would email the price.
I got the email later that day, it was  $300 for the printing.

I just replied I let you know, I felt sad.  I gave him over $1,000 in ink, paper, hand tools and new work table etc. for FREE and he still wanted full price. 

Am I wrong to think he should just ask for the cost to do my printing?
>:(

Dave Hughes

Sounds to me like a sad reflection of society's "me first" attitude that seems to be prevailing at the moment.
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

George3k1

You are a hard worker, I think the future you will experience. And can be used for daily life.

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚