Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

I want one of these for Christmas

Started by Dave Hughes, September 05, 2008, 02:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

Brilliant footage from the 1960s of one of those elusive inventions - the personal jet pack. When are they going to perfect this?

I've got to say that the test pilot looked much more relaxed than I would have done under the circumstances!

Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Dan Williams

Hey I remember when Captain Ked visited a local Globe store, donned his jet pack and sailed into the sky. Got to see it when the folks took us kids...boy I remember that it was very loud and it kicked up alot of dust. And when that jet pack lit up, I felt uncomfortably close to the action.
Incidently, "Captain Ked" was the marketing personality that Keds tennis shoes used for TV ads during the mid nineteen sixties. Cool? You bet.
I have to wonder whether that guy had workmans comp.

Dave Hughes

Hey I'm jealous. Over here in the provinces of the UK in the 1960s - to create a bit of excitement at a shop usually involved someone in a clown's costume giving out balloons!

There'd have been a stampede at the mention of someone in a jet pack!

Mechanic

George Finn (Mechanic)
Gold Coast
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Dave Hughes

Nice one George, it's interesting to see how the personal jet pack technology has changed in the intervening years.

Personally, I think the vertical take-off from standing on the ground is more impressive!

Here's the Youtube footage:

Mechanic

George Finn (Mechanic)
Gold Coast
Queensland
AUSTRALIA

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚