No Bids at The Moment

Started by Dave Hughes, May 26, 2008, 03:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Jeff Zilles [jeffo]

I was reared on Wickersham and regard the small beast as top equipment for the general printing shop.

Except for certain  special occasions where it just won't fit it is my preference for daily use  --  but it's no damn good if you haven't a suitable, well fitting key to deploy it properly.

How about it Dave - Is there a key included in the deal ??

jeffo

Dave Hughes

I don't think I've got any keys for them Jeff - would a standard quoin key not work with them?

I've got a large number of these quoins.

My own theory on the missing keys is that they will have been seen more as a "personal Issue" item to the comps, rather than general composing room equipment, and as such would probably have been kept in an apron pocket, and  in a locker when not at work.

This could explain why they were missed in a general clear-out of the composing area.
Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Dan Williams

There were quite an assortment of Hemphills, Wickershams, etc in the shop, before I sold them. And good lord, which key went with what quoin?
Give me a high-speed quoin any day; but if you have lots of standing forms I am sure any type is valuable.

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚