Metal Type: Home | Library | Forum | Free Ads | Store

The Luddite Magazine

Started by Dave Hughes, November 24, 2013, 08:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Printle: A Printing Word Game from Metal Type

Dave Hughes

I'm expecting a copy of "The Luddite" magazine to coming through the letterbox in the next week or so.

It's a brand new letterpress magazine, from here in the UK.

Not sure how long it will last, only time will tell.

Here's their Kickstarter video, appealing for funds. However, you can ignore the appeal for donations part, as their target has been met.

Printle: Word Puzzle for Printers Play Now

Keep in touch with Metal Type Get our newsletters

Dave Hughes

Well, I'm pleased to say the magazine has arrived. I've read it, it didn't take long.

There are eight pages of stories and illustrations on the theme of our pre-digital life.

It is printed by Hand & Eye Letterpress. If you would like to put your name down for the Spring issue, send a cheque for £6 or £8 for international postage, made payable to "The Luddite" 54 Rivington Street, London, EC2A 3QN.

I have also received through the post a free sample of a letterpress Christmas card from our old friends at Urban Cottage Industries. Nice thick card, about 400gsm, printed on one of their Heidelbergs.

I'm still not sure who the character on the front is though, it's a design from their "Print Club London" partnership. It may be someone who appears on the TV in the USA!

John Nixon

Hi Dave:

Believe the santa picture is of Walter from Breaking Bad.

Cheers, John

Dave Hughes

Thanks for clearing that one up, John.

As is probably now quite apparent, I can't say I'm a huge fan!

Quick Reply

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview

Printers' Tales - Over 30 stories from the pre-digital age. Buy now on Amazon/Apple Books

☛ Don't miss our illustrated newsletters. Click here to see examples and subscribe. ☚